This two-day Introductory course covers the same ground as the Fundamentals of Project Management course but goes into more detail of all the topics, and includes two additional modules: Estimating and Risk Management. The additional time allows participants to produce a detailed project plan relating to their workplace. They will follow a rigourous process in developiong a full and integrated scope, schedule and cost plan.
This course can generate a 'Statement of Attainment' for Scope, Schedule, Cost and Integration competencies at Level 5 of the Australian Qualifications Framework but will require additional assessment for these. This provides the opportunity for these to feed into a Diploma of Project Management qualification at any educational institution in Australia.
- Explain project structure & life-cycle
- Define project objectives, deliverables & scope
- Develop a WorkBreakdown Structure
- Schedule tasks & produce a Gantt chart
- Utilise scheduling concepts - float & critical path
- Detect & resolve resource overloads
- Produce a detailed project budget
- Utilise an analytical approach toward task estimation
- Assess risk factors using a formal methodology
- Employ communications strategies to track progress
- Execute corrective action, understanding relative impact
- Conduct team briefing & other project meetings
- Understand the need for post-project reviews